Table of contents
Fancy a delicious juice for breakfast or just in between meals? Then a slow juicer is just the thing for you. It works much slower than other juicers, which prevents friction-related heat developmentthat could destroy temperature-sensitive vitamins and other vital substances
In our checklist you will find all the important information about the features that a slow juicer should have. In addition, the recommendationsbelow will make your purchase decision easier.
- Slow juicers squeeze juice from fruits or vegetables particularly gently. They operate at only 50 to 100 revolutions per minute.
- High-quality devices are characterized by low rotational speeds (50 per minute).
- Slow juicers operate at between 150 and 500 watts.
- The power determines how fast or slow you can juice with the slow juicer.
- The following applies: the slower, the gentler. A lower power is therefore advantageous. The juice remains richer in vitamins.
- A slow juicer contains one or two pressing screws. These can be arranged vertically or horizontally .
- Horizontal juicers take up more space. They produce juices with little pulp. Herbs and fibrous ingredients can also be juiced perfectly.
- Vertical slow juicers press faster and can be set up to save space
- With vertical juicingaugers, you get a juice that is rich in pul p.
- When buying your slow juicer, pay attention to the material and volume of the juice container.
- You can decide for yourself the volume of your juice container based on the amount of juice you want to squeeze. You can find slow juicers that hold 200 ml, but also devices with 1.5 liter containers.
- Slow juicers can contain plastic, glass or stainless steel containers.
- The larger the feed opening, the easier it is to fill your slow juicer. It is also easyto fill with large pieces or unchopped ingredients.
- If you value quiet appliances in your kitchen, pay attention to the volume of the juicer. It is indicated in decibels (dB). Quiet juicers are below or at a maximum of 60 dB.
- Slow juicers that can be completely disassembled are easier to clean. Components can be washed individually or placed in the dishwasher.
- Many slow juicers are offered with accessories. Cleaning brushes, recipe books or additional juice containers are popular.
Recommended slow juicers
Tip: Do you like to eat rice? Here’s our guide to rice stoves.
The best sellers of slow juicer
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular slow juicers for you
Tip: You can find recommended raclette grills in our guide to raclette grills.
Current offers of Slow Juicers
Here you will find a collection of the current offers of Slow Juicers.
FAQ for Slow Juicer
A slow juicer is a kitchen appliance that is used for juicing. The name says it all: The food is crushed very slowly. This has the advantage, for example, that more nutrients are retained and more juice can be pressed
Since slow juicers are usually priced higher than centrifugal juicers, the question naturally arises as to whether the investment is worth it. The answer is yes, it is worth it. Slow juicers work more slowly and thus more gently than centrifugal juicers. This means, among other things, that more nutrients are retained in the pressed set.
There is a whole range of fruits from which delicious juice can be made. To begin with, the most popular types of fruit for the slow juicer are classics such as apples and oranges. Pineapple juice and tomato juice are also popular. Cherries, lemons and other citrus fruits are also suitable for the slow juicer. If you like berries, you should definitely try blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Papaya, for example, is particularly exotic.
Which slow juicer is the best depends on your needs, including how much juice you want to squeeze. To help you choose, we have created a product guide in which we suggest high-quality slow juicers
Unfortunately, not every type of fruit can be pressed unconditionally with a slow juicer: You should be careful with avocados, bananas, figs, mangoes and peaches. Figs, avocados and bananas are not suitable at all, but can be drunk in smoothies, for example. The other fruits should have a special degree of ripeness, so inform yourself about this if you plan to juice them.
A slow juicer is a particularly gentle juicer, so you can enjoy juices with as many nutrients and vitamins as possible.
More on the topic
Small kitchen gadgets
- The best kitchen gadgets for the home
- The 7 best hand blenders
- The 8 best bread makers
- The 4 best Thermomix alternatives
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen
- The 5 best pressure cookers
- The 8 best milk frothers
- The 10 best coffee grinders
- The 10 best French Press coffee makers
- The 8 best coffee makers