Table of contents
You love skateboarding but would like to try something different? Then try a penny board! This is smaller than the classic skateboard and is made of plastic, which makes it very easy to transport. So it can become a practical means of transportation in the city.
However, since penny boards vary greatly in size, we have created a practical checklist for you. In it you will find all the important factors that you should consider before buying a penny board. Our product recommendations can also help you with your search.
The Bestsellers Of The Penny Boards
We have compiled the most popular penny boards for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Penny Boards
- The penny board is a small version of the skateboard.
- The use of skateboards is generally recommended from the age of 10. This also applies to penny boards.
- The reason for this is that at this age the sense of balance is already well developed.
- Pennyboards are also very popular with younger children because they are easy to use.
- Many manufacturers recommend their boards even from 8 years.
- In general, the use should always be under supervision and with the right protective clothing. This includes helmet as well as protectors for arms and knees as well as hands.
- The Pennyboard is available in different sizes.
- The original size is 22 inches. The boards are relatively small and equipped with longboard wheels.
- Due to the small size, it is particularly maneuverable and also very suitable for stunts.
- The weight ranges from about one to 1.5 kg for this size.
- The next size is the version in 27 inches. The length here is around 70 cm and is suitable for children who would like a slightly larger board.
- The weight here is around 2.5 kg.
- Meanwhile, there are also the Penny Longboards in 36 inches. They are significantly larger than the classic penny board with around 90 cm.
- The ideal size is based on the body size. For a size of up to 130 cm, a 22 inch pennyboard is sufficient.
- Pennyboards come in a wide variety of designs.
- Very popular are variants in which the wheels light up when rolling.
- Note, however, that there is no rechargeable battery or battery, which can be replaced if the lights no longer work.
- Many of the boards feature colorful prints.
- An asymmetrical deck helps to get better control of the board.
Recommended Penny Boards
Here you can find the top 10 most popular penny boards.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the best roller skates for kids.
Current Offers For Penny Boards
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Penny Boards section.
Tip: You can read about the best skateboards for kids here.
FAQ About The Penny Board
A penny board is somewhat reminiscent of the classic skateboard, but the penny board is a lot shorter and is usually made of plastic. Thus, it is sometimes very light, which is why you can transport the penny board relatively uncomplicated in the backpack.
The price of penny boards ranges from 25 to over 100 €. This depends on the size and design of the board.
A penny board is more suitable for short distances through the city or to friends. A longboard, on the other hand, can reach higher speeds and is therefore better for longer distances. The decision should therefore be made according to where the board will be used.
The name Penny comes from the manufacturer’s sister named Penny. After her he named the boards.
The typical size of a penny board is about 22 inches. At the same time, the board weighs just 1, 5 kilograms. Of course, there are also larger boards, which range from 27 to 36 inches. Basically, when choosing a penny board, you should adjust it to your own body size.
A penny board works the same way as a conventional skateboard. You leave one foot on the board for the duration of the ride, while you push off with the other foot swinging.
Many manufacturers recommend penny boards from about 8 years. However, it is important that you supervise your child and that he or she wears appropriate protective clothing. Helmet, as well as knee or elbow pads should not be missing if your child is still very insecure on the penny board. Other models, on the other hand, are generally only recommended from the age of 10, as your child can usually already stand well on such a board at this point without losing their balance.
Penny boards come in many different colorful designs and patterns. Especially popular with children are glow-in-the-dark wheels, which also create a special effect in the dark. Note, however, that this requires certain batteries.
More On The Topic
Boards and Scooters & E- Scooters
- The 10 best skateboards – guide
- The 10 best skateboards for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best e-skateboards 2021 – guidebook
- The 10 best hoverboards – guidebook
- The 8 best longboards – guidebook
- The 6 best 10 inch hoverboards – guidebook
- The 5 best scooters from Puky – guidebook
- The 5 best Hudora scooters for kids – guidebook
- The 25 best scooters, wheels and bikes from Bikestar – guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – Guidebook
- The 10 best stunt scooters – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – Guidebook
- The 2 best E-Scooters from Moovi – Guidebook
- The 3 best e-scooters from Xiaomi – Guidebook
- The 5 best e-scooters for children – guidebook
- The best e-scooters 2021 – Guidebook
- The 4 best e-scooters from Wizzard – Guidebook
- The 5 best e-scooters from Segway- Guidebook
- The 6 best e-scooters from Egret – guidebook
- The 15 best fast e-scooters without road approval – guidebook
- The 6 best Pit-Bikes – Guidebook
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The best children’s bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best cargo bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best e-mountain bikes – guidebook
- The 14 best mountain bikes for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook
- The 5 best S-pedelecs – guidebook
- The 8 best dumbbells for strength training – advice
- The 8 best ab trainers – advice
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – advice
- The 10 best chin-up bars – How to guide
- The 8 best steppers for the home – How to guide
- The 10 best crosstrainers – How to guide
- The 6 best leg presses for home – How to guide
- The 8 best home basketball hoops – How to guide
- The 10 best squash rackets – guidebook
- The 10 best table tennis bats – How to guide
- The 10 best treadmills – How to
- The 8 best medicine balls – guidebook